WBVFD Business Reports
WBVFD Business Meeting.
Always on the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00 PM
This report is for August 12, 2019
Dennis Robinson called the meeting to order.
Guin McGinnis gave the opening prayer.
20 members and 2 guests were present.
Minutes of the July 8, 2019 Business Meeting
Dennis asked if anyone had additions and/or corrections to the minutes of the
July 8, 2019 meeting sent to membership by email.
Linda Yeary moved approval. Ron Stone seconded. The motion was approved.
Financials Update (September)
Budget YTD thru August 31, 2019
Expenditures YTD. $71,374.00
Treasurer Larry Turner gave the Treasurer’s Report. The report is attached to these minutes.
1. Request for Hilco Round-up Program Grant for $1300.00 for Bunker Gear has been approved.
2. Bunker gear should ship on August 17, 2019. Boots have been ordered. WBPOA will be invoiced for 50% of the total price ($27,104.00).
Terry Pierce moved acceptance of the Treasurer’s Report. Ray Fox seconded. The motion was approved.
Chief’s Report - Hugh Corbin, Chief
9 calls for service 7/01/2019 through 07/31/2019:
6 – Medical, 2 – Grass fires, 1 – Boat Drowning
Brush Truck 331 (acquired from the Cliffs) needs front wheels replaced and rear suspension repaired.
Engine 231 needs front tires replaced.
Fire station needs a larger sink at a cost of $300.00 - $400.00.
WBVFD will have a “Family Night-out” at a Railroaders Baseball game in Cleburne on August 24, 2019. Tickets will be paid by WBVFD.
Need a line item in the budget for volunteers.
Need to find land for an upgraded fire station.
New sink has been installed.
A new computer program from ESD is in training stages and will do away with paper reporting. It will be accessible by ESD as well as the federal government. The training module is $100.00, but since Ben is doing some of the work for them, it will be available at no cost.
Budweiser is donating 98 cases of water (24 cans per case) to VFDs.
Cost of repairs for fire truck obtained from the Cliffs is now $7000.00.
Updating of SOGs and Bylaws is in progress.
Hugh & Kathy took the fire truck to Smokey Bear’s 75th Birthday at Lake Whitney State Park on August 10th.
Air bottles last 30 minutes and then they must be refilled, which is presently done at VFD 2604. WBVFD needs a system that will refill two cylinders at the same time. Estimated cost is $44,200.
06/10/2019: Hugh is concerned about the quality of the refill system used at VFD 2604. Air Masks will be issued to each firefighter, with name on mask. Checking into a possible grant for purchase of the system.
08/12/2019: Smith Foundation Grant will be requested for purchase of air containers.
1. Texas A&M Forestry Service has a grant available that would cover 90% of the cost of a truck. The entire amount of the truck must be financed. The POA homeowner assessment would be used to cover 10% of the cost. When possession of the truck has taken place, the grant money will be used to pay the note. WBVFD is third on the list.
03/11/2019: Update – WBVFD is now #6 on the list.
05/13/2019: Grant will come up again in August.
08/12/2019: WBVFD did not receive the grant. This is the 13th year that WBVFD has been on the list.
2. Grant provided by Firehouse Subs for an additional warning siren has been requested.
04/08/2019: Grant was not approved. Will apply again for the grant. Deadline for new application is 05/22/2019. Cost of a siren is $20,000 plus the cost of the pole.
05/13/2019: Grant request has been resubmitted.
07/08/2019: Second grant request not approved. An additional
Grant request has now been submitted.
08/12/2019: Cost of siren is now $15,988.00 plus setting the pole. Installation will be $3000.00.
3. Hugh discussed the plan to find an ambulance to use as a rehab for the firefighters particularly during the summer months when an air conditioned area is needed. Clint Herrin reported that AMR provides ambulances that they have replaced to fire departments. Clint has submitted a request for WBVFD to be considered. If approved, there will be a wait time until one becomes available. The only cost will be a $1000.00 fee to remove AMR markings and replace with White Bluff Volunteer Fire Department.
05/13/2019: No update
06/10/2019: Clint reported that the WBVFD information is now at
the home office of AMR.
07/08/2019: No update.
4. The 13th Annual WBVFD BBQ & Music Fundraiser will be held Saturday, October 26, 2019. Ticket price is $20.00 per person.
A. Terry Pierce has tickets available.
B. Mailbox sales will be Friday, October 4, 2019 at each of the mailbox stations.
C. Please contact Linda Yeary to sign up for your time slot to help.
Dennis read the Chaplain Report from Betty Newman. Betty will be asked to provide cards with her contact information to the fire department response teams to given to the patient and/or family, should they desire her services.
Dwayne Redding discussed signage for driveway. Money needs to be collected prior to making the signs for the driveway. Please note on the order if there is a raised culvert for the signs to be attached or if a wire stand will be required for the sign.
A volunteer is needed to take over the responsibility of attaching the numbers to the sign. Dwayne will continue to be responsible for installing the signs at the residence.
No additional business. Dennis adjourned the meeting at 7:34 p.m.
Funds Raised for Bunker Gear
After the Recent POA Meeting donations came pouring in to cover our part of the bunker gear. The response was so great we were also able to cover the necessary repairs on a new brush truck. This brush truck was received from the Cliffs.
Thanks to the White Bluff Community for responding to our urgent need.